Zwilling Kramer - Bob Kramer Meiji 5" Utility Knife
The KRAMER by ZWILLING EUROLINE Carbon Collection is the first line created with Master Bladesmith Bob Kramer. With over 18 years of forging experience, Bob has partnered with ZWILLING J.A. Henckels to craft a knife that is an exact replica of the straight carbon steel knives made in his Olympia, Washington workshop.
Bob's design has an extremely wide blade to maximize knuckle clearance for larger hands and for cutting through large produce and piles of food. Chopped food can easily be transported with this impressive, broad blade.
A material nearly lost to the home kitchen, straight carbon steel requires knowledge and care to maintain. In return, owners will be rewarded with a sharpness and keenness of edge that only straight carbon can deliver. Hand-finished with a 3-step process by the most skilled Japanese artisans, the outstanding blade is paired with a stunning handshaped Grenadille wood handle with brass rivets and a Bob Kramer mosaic pin.
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
- Designed to fit Master Bladesmith Bob Kramer's exacting specifications
- Fabricated from revolutionary FC61 fine carbide steel
- Ice-hardened FRIODURx2 blade offer exceptional durability, cutting edge retention, and corrosion resistance
- Mirror-polished blade have a distinctive etched ladder Damascus pattern designed by Kramer
- Hand-honed Honbazuke blade boasts scalpel-like sharpness
- Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile
- Full tang construction provides perfect balance and superior durability so you can cut with confidence
- Country of origin: Japan
- Substance: FC61
- Type of handle: concealed tang
- Type of edge: Fine Edge
- Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
- Manufacturing method: welded
- Blade hardness (HRC): 60-62 HRC