Shun - Classic Chef's 10"
Some cooks simply prefer a longer chef's knife. For them, we offer the Shun Classic 10-inch Chef's Knife. The longer blade provides additional cutting leverage and is especially handy when it comes to cutting larger foods. That said, it is an all-purpose blade ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks—slicing and dicing just about anything in the kitchen. The longer blade also enables you to cut more product with fewer strokes—for example, cutting several carrots at once instead of just one. This is especially important for the productivity of commercial kitchens. Even though this is a larger knife, Shun Classic's thinner blades makes it lighter and less tiring to use than comparable European-style Chef's knives.
- The right choice for those who prefer a slightly longer chef's knife
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge each side
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony-finished Pakkawood handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan